Saturday, October 27, 2007

September 26 - Three Cups of Tea

Jean hosted us at her beautiful home in Thetford and fed us wonderful stuff for our discussion of Three Cups of Tea.

Jean made two soups: Vermont cheddar and sausage and zucchini, both fabulous. She also made grilled garlic-tomato bread, cornbread, and zucchini bread (I think!), as well as a baked spinach appetizer and a blueberry pie for dessert. Wowee!

Everyone who attended love the book, except for me. (My excuse was that I was listening to it and didn't like the narrator.) It is a remarkable story, though, and I'm glad I heard about it. I think that sentiment holds true for everyone.

Next Meeting
Where: Darla's
When: Monday, October 22
What: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

P.S. I brought a copy of my "Canonical List of Books" for the group, and everyone said they'd like a copy. I said I bring a copies next time, but if you'd like to take a look, here is the link: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcv72sgv_1d5mjhd&pli=1

No comments: