Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Meeting Report and Next Book

We had a very nice meeting! We were sorry Leann couldn't join us, but we welcomed Sue, who brought a lovely fruit salad.

I did make the Albondigas Soup (Spanish meatball soup), and I had a quiche from the Co-op, and a salad. Add Darla''s hummus and pita bread and my husband's apple pie, and we were stuffed!

Reading Lolita in Tehran was deemed depressing by the group, but it did spark a lively discussion. We agreed that the stories of the author's girls -- the memebers of her secret class -- were the most compelling. I wish I could remember the other points of discussion, but they have slipped away. I guess I should take notes next time!

We tried to find something more cheery for next time, but they deferred to my choice, The Ghost Writer by John Harwood, a ghost story just in time for Christmas! We picked Monday, December 20, for the date of our next meeting, and Lisa offered to host.



No comments: